- 双城记：1 The road to Paris—17752012-04-08
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was the season of light, it was the season of darkness. It was the spring of hope, it was the winter of sadness. It was the year one thousand seven hundred and seventy five.
- 双城记：2 A wine－shop in Paris2012-04-07
- In the part of Paris called Saint Antoine everyone was poor. The streets were narrow and dirty, the food shops were almost empty.
- 双城记：3 A trial in London—17802012-04-07
- Tellson's Bank in the City of London was an old, dark, and ugly building. It smelt of dust and old papers, and the people who worked there all seemed old and dusty, too.
- 双城记：4 The Marquis of Evremonde2012-04-07
- The Marquis of Evremonde was a disappointed man. He had waited for hours at the palace of the King of France, but the King had not spoken to him.
- 双城记：5 Two men speak of love2012-04-07
- Twelve months after the death of the Marquis in France, Charles Darnay had become a successful teacher of French in London.
- 双城记：6 Stormy years in France2012-04-05
- In Monsieur Defarges wine shop in Saint Antoine customers came and went all the time. They came to drink the thin, rough wine, but more often they came to listen and to talk, and to wait for news.
- 双城记：7 A call for help2012-04-05
- The troubles in France continued. The citizens of France had fought to win power, and now they used it. Castles were burned, laws were changed, and the rich and powerful nobles died their heads cut off by that terrible new machine of death, the Guillotine
- 双城记：8 In the hands of the citizens2012-04-04
- Tellson's Bank in Paris was in a large building south of the river, close to the heart of the city. Mr Lorry had arrived in Paris some days before Charles Darnay, and was now living in some rooms above the bank.
- 双城记：9 The spy2012-04-04
- While this was happening, Miss Pross was out shopping for the family. Jerry Cruncher was with her, and they had just gone into a wine shop when Miss Pross suddenly stopped, looked at one of the customers, and cried out in a loud voice.
- 双城记：10 The secret paper2012-04-03
- When Charles Darnay was led before the Tribunal the next morning, Dr Manette, Lucie and Mr Lorry were all there. The love in Lucie's eyes as she looked at her husband warmed Darnay's heart. It had the same effect on Sydney Carton, though no one saw him
- 双城记：11 Madame Defarge's revenge2012-04-03
- Most of the citizens had gone out into the streets to shout how they hated the prisoners, but Barsad was still there.
- 双城记：12 A change of clothes2012-04-02
- I knew nothing about the time your father spent in prison until he told me. Even then I did not know that it was my family that had been so cruel to him.
- 双城记：13 The last goodbyes2012-04-02
- At that same hour in the early afternoon a coach going out of Paris drives up to the gates of the city.