- 黑骏马：1 My first home2012-04-20
- The first place I can remember well was a pleasant field with a pond of clear water in it.Trees made shadows over the pond,and water plants grew at the deep end.
- 黑骏马：2 Birtwick Park2012-04-18
- I was beginning to grow handsome.My coat was fine and soft, and was a shiny black. I had one white foot,and a pretty white star on my forehead.
- 黑骏马：3 Ginger's story2012-04-18
- What more could I want? Freedom!For the first four years of my life I had a large field where I could gallop around at full speed with no straps,no bit,and no blinkers.
- 黑骏马：4 Kindness and cruelty2012-04-17
- Aneighbour of the Gordons,Mr Blomefield,had a large family of boys and girls who often came to play with Miss Jessie and Miss Flora.
- 黑骏马：5 The storm2012-04-17
- One day in the autumn my master had to go to a distant town on business. John harnessed me to the carriage and the three of us went off.
- 黑骏马：6 The fire2012-04-16
- The first day we travelled about fifty kilometres, but James drove carefully and made sure that Ginger and I were always on the smoothest part of the road.
- 黑骏马：7 Joe Green2012-04-16
- The rest of our journey was very easy,and the next evening we reached the house of our master's friend,where a groom took us to a comfortable stable.
- 黑骏马：8 Earlshall Park2012-04-15
- I lived at Birtwick Park for three happy years,but then changes came.Our mistress was often ill and the doctor advised her to go and live in a warm country for two or three years.
- 黑骏马：9 The accident and new masters2012-04-15
- Aman called Reuben Smith looked after us while York was in London.He was gentle and clever with horses,and an excellent driver.
- 黑骏马：10 A London cab horse2012-04-14
- Jerry Barker was a small man,but well made and quick in all his movements.He lived in London and was a cab driver.
- 黑骏马：11 Goodbye to old friends2012-04-14
- One day we were waiting outside one of the London parks when a dirty old cab drove up beside ours.The horse was brown,with bones that showed through her coat.
- 黑骏马：12 Hard times2012-04-13
- I was sold to a baker who Jerry knew,but the baker's bearing rein up.This made it difficult for me to pull a heavy cart,and I found the work very hard.
- 黑骏马：13 My last home2012-04-13
- I was sold to a farmer at the horse fair,but it was his young grandson who persuaded him to buy me.