- 远大前程：1 Pip meets a stranger2012-05-06
- My first name was Philip,but when I was a small child I could only manage to say Pip.So Pip was what every-body called me.
- 远大前程：2 Catching a convict2012-05-05
- All that morning I was frightened that my sister would discover that I had stolen from her,but luckily she was so busy cleaning the house,and roasting the chickens for our Christmas lunch that she did not notice that I had been out,or that any food was mi
- 远大前程：3 An opportunity for Pip2012-05-05
- I always knew I would be apprenticed to Joe as soon as I was old enough,and so I used to spend most of the day helping him in the forge.
- 远大前程：4 A present from a stranger2012-05-04
- I desperately wanted to be accepted by Estella.I realized I could never become well-educated just by attending old Mrs Wopsle's evening school,so I asked Mr Wopsle's cousin Biddy to teach me everything she knew.
- 远大前程：5 Pip's sister is attacked2012-05-04
- I n a single year everything had changed.Before I went to Miss Havisham 's and met Estella,I had always wanted to be apprenticed to Joe,and I had always been happy at home,in spite of my sister' s scolding.
- 远大前程：6 Great expectations2012-05-03
- One Saturday evening,when I had been apprenticed to Joe for four years,he and I were sitting in the pub,with some of the villagers, listening to Mr Wopsle.
- 远大前程：7 Pip arrives in London2012-05-03
- At that time everybody in England agreed that London was a wonderful city.So I was surprised to find it rather ugly, with narrow dirty streets, and people crowded into tiny houses.
- 远大前程：8 Visiting Mr Wemmick and Mr Jaggers2012-05-01
- Herbert introduced me to his father, who lived the other side of London, in Hammersmith. In the next few months I studied hard with Mr Pocket, who was always a most kind and helpful teacher.
- 远大前程：9 A visit from Joe2012-05-01
- My dear Pip,Mr Gargery asks me to tell you he will be in London soon,and could visit you at 9 o’clock on Tuesday morning,at Mr Herbert Pocket's rooms, if that is all right with you.
- 远大前程：10 Pip and Herbert talk about love2012-04-29
- I returned to London, dreaming of the beautiful girl, now a woman, who had so influenced my childhood,and who, I hoped, would share my future life.
- 远大前程：11 Pip attends a burial2012-04-29
- One evening a black edged envelope was delivered to me at Herbert's rooms. The letter inside informed me that Mrs J.Gargery had died the previous Monday,and that the burial would be next Monday, at 3 p.m.This news came as a shock to me.
- 远大前程：12 Pip discovers the truth2012-04-28
- While Estella lived in London,staying with friends of Miss Havisham's,I often visited her.She had an endless stream of admirers,and I was jealous of all of them.
- 远大前程：13 Planning Magwitch's futureand hearing about his past2012-04-28
- I slept a little,but woke early.I felt I needed some fresh air,and went downstairs and out of the building.On the way down I fell over a man hiding in a dark corner,who ran away immediately.
- 远大前程：14 Pip visits Estella and Miss Havisham again2012-04-27
- Before taking Magwitch abroad,I felt I must see both Estella and Miss Havisham.When I visited Estella's London home,I found she had gone to stay with Miss Havisham,and so,leaving Magwitch in Herbert's care,I went by coach to the town I knew so well.
- 远大前程：15 Shelter for Magwitch2012-04-27
- I spent a restless night at a hotel,worrying about the reasons for Wemmick's warning.Early in the morning I went to see him at the Castle.
- 远大前程：16 Miss Havisham realizes how Pip has suffered2012-04-27
- When I went to see Miss Havisham the next day,as she had requested,her house looked darker than ever,and I realized how lonely she was without Estella.She looked sadly at me.
- 远大前程：17 Pip is close to death2012-04-27
- I paid Clarrikers Miss Havisham's nine hundred pounds,and felt glad that Herbert's future,at least, was safe.Clarrikers were going to send Herbert to India,to open a new office there.
- 远大前程：18 The end of Magwitch's story2012-04-25
- It was a cold,bright morning when we set out cheerfully down the river.I steered the boat,Herbert and Startop rowed.At Clara's house Magwitch was waiting for us,wrapped in a dark cloak.
- 远大前程：19 A wedding2012-04-25
- The excitement of all these events made me seriously ill for several weeks.Herbert was abroad, on business for Clarrikers,and there would have been nobody to look after me, if Joe bad not heard about my illness and come to London to nurse me.